Are siblings allowed to be included in Newborn sessions?!?!
YES! YES! YES!
I get asked this question a A LOT! My answer will always be YES!! I think sibling and family photos are too important not to be taken! To view a small insight into some of the gorgeous siblings that have entered my studio, please view the video below:
A few points about newborn & sibling images:
1. I usually start the session with these images, that way the siblings are free to leave when they are done. Newborn sessions are quite long and siblings tend to get bored and restless.
2. I will always wrap your newborn, this is for their own safety. When newborns are wrapped, they are comfortable and will startle less to what is going on around them. Being wrapped means they are less mobile and easier for the siblings to cuddle.
3. Not all siblings are keen to get photos taken, so don’t stress if we need to have breaks! Siblings don’t know me, so I totally understand if they are shy or don’t want to lay/sit in front of me! The main thing is, please don’t stress, we will get there in the end!
4. Some poses work for some siblings, while others don’t. I will only do what your children allow, so that everyone is safe! If something doesn’t work, I’ll just move on and try something different!!
5. You will end up with some gorgeous memories of your babies!!
If you have any questions about sibling photos, please feel free to contact me via the button below. I look forward to having a chat and the possibility of capturing your beautiful children!